Our Vision: Improving the well-being of people, from A to Z.
Our Mission: Make well-being affordable and accessible for the many not the few building trust not constraint.
Our Ambition: Become the European Leader of well-being, for individual as well as companies.
Who are the people that come to Yoopies to find a babysitter, book a Childminder, find someone to help their elders? What do they need? What can we do to make their experiences better? Our Technology department is revolutionising the way people interact together. Our team also collaborates with other internal departments to make sure our products and tech are tailor made from top insights and industry expertise.
We're looking for a great PHP Developer who has a passion for creating, testing and delivering world class products, to join our awesome Tech team. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business.
You will lead Back-End Architecture and Roadmap and work on our main applications and be a driving force in the engineering development of our product.
You'll leave every day knowing you made a difference.
- As a PHP Developer, you and your team will be responsible for looking after the continuous integration and delivery processes best practices. These best practices when implemented will be used to facilitate product delivery and allow developers to deploy code in a reliable way.
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure that delivery and quality expectations are clearly understood.
- Become the trusted authority in Tech matters, with a strong evidence-based case for why a release is ready to ship.
- Be able to execute tests in an effective manner, balancing the need for some documentation with the need for delivery in a small team.
- Clarify ambiguous scope; you should be one of the team members who can spot requirements that are open to different interpretations.
- Ensure that your releases have the right level of test coverage, including unit, functional and performance tests.
- Be a leader in ensuring the team collectively take responsibility for doing the right thing for platform’s quality.
- Mentor less experienced team members in all Tech matters, including writing code following state of the art best practices.
Product Definition - contributes to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Managers
Technical Ownership - consistently produces high quality software which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
Continuous improvement - ensures continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective
Tracking Progress - tracks the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team, our Tech Ops Lead and CTPO
Our technical stack
- PHP7, VueJS, MariaDB, ES, Redis, Varnish hosted on AWS stack
- Symfony 3.4, Node.js, Socket.io, Docker, RabbitMQ and more
- We're currently switching from a REST API to a GraphQL API
- Scrum with 7 days sprints and classic Product process (from Grooming, Planning/Prio, Daily stand-ups, Demos, QA, Release, Follow-up, Retro)
- Event oriented platform with Dataviz on: Tableau, Metabase, GA