Our Vision: Improving the well-being of people, from A to Z.
Our Mission: Make well-being affordable and accessible for the many not the few building trust not constraint.
Our Ambition: Become the European Leader of well-being, for individual as well as companies.
Who are the people that come to Yoopies to find a babysitter, book a Childminder, find someone to help their elders? What do they need? What can we do to make their experiences better? Our Technology department is revolutionising the way people interact together. Our team also collaborates with other internal departments to make sure our products and tech are tailor made from top insights and industry expertise.
We're looking for a Senior PHP Developer who has a passion for creating, testing and delivering world class products, to join our awesome Tech team. This is a high profile role with the opportunity to make a significant impact across the business.
You will lead one of our Scrum Development team and work on our main applications.
In this role, you'll be a driving force in the engineering development of our product. You will take the lead of the Web Development Team, help your teammates to resolve complex problems, and work closely with Product, Data, DevOps, QA and Design Teams.
You'll leave every day knowing you made a difference.
As a Senior PHP Developer, you and your team will be responsible for looking after the continuous integration and delivery processes best practices. These best practices when implemented will be used to facilitate product delivery and allow developers to deploy code in a reliable way.
- Work closely with Product Managers to ensure that delivery and quality expectations are clearly understood.
- Become the trusted authority in Tech matters, with a strong evidence-based case for why a release is ready to ship.
- Be able to execute tests in an effective manner, balancing the need for some documentation with the need for delivery in a small team.
- Clarify ambiguous scope; you should be one of the team members who can spot requirements that are open to different interpretations.
- Ensure that your releases have the right level of test coverage, including unit, functional and performance tests.
- Be a leader in ensuring the team collectively take responsibility for doing the right thing for platform’s quality.
- Mentor less experienced team members in all Tech matters, including writing code following state of the art best practices.
- This will enable the efficient control and overall operation of our E-Commerce Platform. At Yoopies we believe that when engineers create software they should own and operate their components in production too.
- This will mean teams are encouraged to continually improve them to create a more robust platform. You and your team will define standards to support our product delivery teams so they are confident in deploying their code and provide the necessary automation to ship code and create infrastructure to production in a fast and reliable manner.
- In this role you will be asked to work with multiple other teams too, Data, Dev-Ops QA and Mobile.
Product Definition - contributes to the definition of product features, getting involved in workshops with other engineering teams and Product Managers
Technical Ownership - consistently produces high quality software which fits the team’s expectations and best practices
Continuous improvement - ensures continuous improvements by proposing and implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make the team more effective
Tracking Progress - tracks the progress being made towards the wider goals of the team, and transparently communicates this with the team, our Tech Ops Lead and CTPO
As a Senior member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate the following principles:
No limits, just opportunities: Design and build great software, look beyond the limits
Caring matters : Help, support, coach and empower your teammates
Faster, Better, Simpler: Move fast with confidence, Secure, Stable, Scalable, fast and reliable platform
Share everywhere: Share ideas, concept, information, pitch, stand
Build together: Empower your colleagues, build Trust, Keep control and offer Transparency
Work as a game: Scale efficiency in a great working atmosphere
Learn to learn: Stay in touch with the next technologies and trends
Our technical stack
- Our Android apps are entirely written in Kotlin
- Our iOS apps are entirely written in Swift 3 (+Xcode 9)
- We're currently switching from a REST API to a GraphQL API
- For that migration we're switching from Retrofit to Apollo
PHP7, VueJS, MariaDB, ES, Redis, Varnish hosted on AWS stack
Scrum with 7 days sprints and classic Product process (from Grooming, Planning/Prio, Daily stand-ups, Demos, QA, Release, Follow-up, Retro)
- Event oriented platform with Dataviz on: Tableau, Amplitude, GA, Superset
- Customer Interview, Design Sprint, OKR